Indonesia SEA Games 2011 will be held in 11 days from November 11, 2011 – November 22, 2011 in two host cities, Palembang and Jakarta with 542 gold medals to be competed through 44 sports.
Indonesia is set to host the 2011 SEA Games in the SEA Games Federation Council Meeting in Bangkok, Thailand 6 September 2006. This year is the fourth time for Indonesia to be host country for Southeast Asian countries sports festival after in SEA Games X 1979, SEA Games XV 1987, dan SEA Games XIX 1997.
As the main host, Palembang will concentrate the game in Jaka Baring Sports Complex which covers an area of 45 thousand square meters and also at the sports center Gelora Sriwijaya Palembang.
In Jakarta, competition venues will be centered in Bung Karno Main Stadium (SUGBK). This stadium is the largest and oldest stadium in Indonesia which is very historic for the people of Indonesia which is located in the capital of Jakarta and has seating capacity of about 88 thousand spectators. Currently, Bung Karno Regions stood wide range of facilities for sporting activities in 36 Venues, Politics, Business, Recreation and Tourism.
SEA Games Organizing Committee or commonly abbreviated as INASOC stated there are four keys of success to be addressed during this Southeast Asia countries sport festival, that are the successful of achievement, successful of management, successful of legacy and that no less important is the successful of democratic economy.
For the SEA Games to be memorable especially for Indonesia and all participating countries, one of the impressions building efforts is done by specifying a logo that depicts Eagle with the philosophy of “Garuda Flight above Indonesia Nature?. As a symbol of the country, Garuda in the global sphere is well known and directly associated with Indonesia.
SEA Games Organizing Committee (INASOC) ensures that they will make the 26th SEA Games memorable also by choosing November 11, 2011 or 11/11/11 to hold the opening ceremony. The opening and closing ceremonies will be spectacularly managed along the banks of the Musi River and historic building, Kuto Besak Fort.
List of Sport to be competed in Indonesia 26th South East Asian Games November 11th – November 22th, 2011.
|7.||Billiards & Snooker|
|37.||Traditional Boat Race|
List of Sport and Venues in Two Host Cities of Indonesia 26th South East Asian Games November 11th – November 22th, 2011.
1. Archery Lapangan Panahan, GBK, Senayan
2. Aquatics Open Water Swimming Pulau Putri
3. Badminton Istora Stadium
4. Basketball GOR Basket Sport Mall Kelapa Gading
5. Bowling Bowling Jaya Ancol
6. Canoeing Cipule, Jawa Barat
7. Cycling Track Velodrome, Rawamangun
Cycling BMX Ancol
Cycling Road Race Subang Road
Cycling MTB Sentul, Gunung Pancar
8. Equestrian Arthayasa, Depok
9. Fencing Balairung UI, Depok
10. Football Stadion Utama Senayan
11. Futsal POPKI Sport Hall Cibubur
12. Golf Jagorawi Golf Country Club Cimanggis, Bogor
13. Judo Gedung Judo, Kelapa Gading
14. Karate Tennis Indoor Senayan
15. Paragliding Gunung Mas, Puncak
16. Pencak Silat Padepokan Pencak Silat, TMII
17. Rowing Cipule, Jawa Barat
18. Sailing Pantai Marina Ancol
19. Shorinji Kempo Ciracas Sport Hall
20. Table Tennis Hall A GMSB, Kuningan
21. Taekwondo POPKI Sport Hall Cibubur
22. Traditional Boat Race Cipule, Jawa Barat
23. Vovinam Gelanggang Remaja Kec. Tanjung Priok, Kel. Sunter Agung
24. Wushu Tennis – Indoor Senayan
1. Athletics Jakabaring Complex
2. Aquatics Diving Jakabaring Complex
Aquatics Swimming Jakabaring Complex
Aquatics Synchronize Jakabaring Complex
Aquatics Water Polo Kolam Lumban Tirta
3. Baseball Jakabaring Complex
4. Billiards & Snooker Arena Billiard Jakabaring
5. Boxing Gedung Basket Indoor Kampus
6. Bridge Hotel Swarna Dwipa
7. Chess Hotel Jayakarta
8. Fin Swimming Jakabaring Complex
9. Football Jakabaring Complex
10. Gymnastics Jakabaring Complex
Artistik dan Ritmik Ranau Gymnastic Hall
Aerobik Dempo Hall
11. Petanque Jakabaring Complex
12. Roller Sport Jakabaring Complex
13. Sepak Takraw SPC Jakabaring
14. Shooting Jakabaring Complex
15. Softball Jakabaring Complex
16. Soft Tennis Jakabaring Complex
17. Tennis Jakabaring Complex
18. Volley Indoor Sport Hall Sriwijaya (GOR Kampus)
Volley Beach Jakabaring Complex
19. Wall Climbing Jakabaring Complex
20. Water Ski Jakabaring Complex
21. Weightlifting GOR Dempo Jakabaring
22. Wrestling Gedung Serba Guna Jakabaring
OFFICIAL WEBSITE -> http://seag2011.com/
GOOD LUCK MALAYSIA!!!!!